A michelada is a Mexican drink made with beer, lime juice, assorted sauces, spices, tomato juice, and chile peppers. It is served in a chilled, salt-rimmed glass. There are numerous variations of this beverage throughout Mexico.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Bluegrass Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon Barrel Aged Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- 12 ounces Mexican beer
- Bourbon Smoked Pepper, for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish and rimming glass
- Bourbon Smoked Salt, for rimming the glass
Rub the rim of a pint glass with a wedge of lime, then dip into smoked salt. Pour in the lime juice, tomato juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Add ice, then slowly top off with beer. Garnish with a wedge of lime and a sprinkling of smoked pepper.