Master confectioner Peter Reber opened his confectionery in Munich in 1865 where he soon made a name for himself with his homemade treats. In 1938, the café moved to Bad Reichenhall, where 5 generations later, they still follow tradition and produce the finest confections according to the original recipes. Reber is proud to be Germany’s market leader for Mozart-Kugel and also the global market leader of this specialty within the premium sector.
Fun Facts about the Genuine Reber Mozart-Kugel®:
- There are approximately 500,000 Mozart-Kugel® being produced per day.
- The premium Reber bittersweet dark chocolate contains at least 60% cocoa. Their velvety smooth milk chocolate enchants the taste buds with 35% cocoa.
- Reber marzipan is produced using the traditional Lübeck process, where the marzipan mixture is freshly roasted in open copper kettles.
- Reber only uses the world’s best pistachios, almonds and hazelnuts.
- All products are free of flavor enhancers, artificial coloring and preservatives.
- In addition to mixing fine ingredients at the correct ratio, a well-kept recipe secret gives the Reber quality its finishing “touch”, making these delicious classic treats unique across the world.