SWEDISH MEATBALLS - A COMFORT FOOD CLASSIC!
Finally…a dish everyone in the family will love! Our quick and easy Swedish Meatballs recipe creates a hearty dish perfect for busy weeknights. Because our prepared meatballs are fully cooked, you simply need to heat and serve them with our delicious and traditional sauce! Add potato dumplings or egg noodles for the perfect side dish, and serve along with some Lingonberry preserves!
- 1 package Lars Swedish Meatballs
3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups Beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Prepare meatballs as directed on package (stovetop or baked in oven) and set aside
- Add butter to the skillet and once it is melted add the flour whisking quickly and forming a roux. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until it begins to turn a golden color.
- Slowly add beef broth whisking the whole time to keep it from getting lumpy. Once all of the broth has been added cook for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add Worcestershire and heavy cream and continue cooking until the sauce is thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and cook them together for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles, mashed potatoes or with potato dumplings