|Prep Time: 10||Bake Time: 0 (no bake!)||Total Time: 10|
- Schlünder Obsttortenboden Sponge Cake Layer
- Dr Oetker Whipped Cream or Dr Oetker Vanilla Pudding
- Dr Oetker Tortenguss Fix Rot or Dr Oetker Backfeste Puddingcreme
- Choice of Fruit (2 different kinds)
- Prepare 1 package of Dr Oetker instant vanilla pudding (using only 1¾ cup milk instead of the required 2 cups). Let pudding thicken and then spread onto cold cake base.
- Cover with fruit (canned or fresh)
- Cover with Dr. Oetker's Tortenguss or clear cake glaze
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours
How to make your own Tortenguss:
- For a clear glaze, choose apple or white grape juice.
- For a red glaze, choose a dark red berry or grape juice. If you don’t have juice, then use water, adding lemon juice and sugar to taste.
- Stir 1 tablespoon potato starch into ¼ cup juice until dissolved.
- Bring ¾ cup juice to a simmer.
- Stir in the starch mixture and simmer until thickened, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Let cool slightly and spoon over fruit.
An easy and traditional alternative is to use apricot jam. Heat it in the microwave, adding a bit of water if it’s still too thick. Pass through a sieve, cool a bit and brush on fruit.